After a 2 year hiatus, EGC was thrilled to host our annual Holiday Party at the Bridge Club in downtown Raleigh. Our CEO, Dr. Eva Garland, spoke about EGC’s many successes in 2022, including:
– EGC’s customer base growing to over 2,000 clients across 50 states and 12 countries
– Our largest grant to-date, $100M, to Group 14 Technologies in support of the DOE initiative to increase battery manufacturing capabilities in the US
– EGC’s exceptional performance in managing the NIH’s Applicant Assistance Program, resulting in a dramatic increase in the percentage of SBIR/STTR awardees from women-owned companies – which jumped from a baseline of 11% that had held constant for 40 years, to a very impressive 31% (and still rising!)
– Our longstanding partnership with First Flight Venture Center that has generated an unprecedented 4 SBA FAST awards to support hundreds of small businesses across the state of NC
– EGC’s accounting clients have collectively received over $1 Billion in government grants and contracts
– A special announcement of the inaugural Eva Garland Consulting Innovation Award, to a company that exemplifies EGC’s mission of Advancing Science for the Benefit of Society. A huge congratulations to the winner, BioAesthetics! Founder Dr. Nick Pashos accepted the award from EGC Scientific Consultant, Dr. Dana Upton, who has supported BioAesthetics in receiving 4 SBIR awards.
EGC was grateful to host this wonderful event to thank our employees, clients, and partners for their support in making 2022 a huge success! Link to video