Our Compliance team provides expertise in Federal Government regulations impacting awarded grants and contracts. We support our clients in establishing compliant corporate infrastructures and grant accounting systems; fulfilling Federal reporting requirements as well as granting agency reporting requirements; conducting indirect rate negotiations; and preparing for audits.
Set-Up Package for New Grant Awardees
Our comprehensive Grant Compliance Set-up Package assists your company in establishing internal protocols and a grant accounting system that will enable you to achieve full compliance with the terms of your awarded grants and contracts. We start with of a full gap analysis of your existing corporate policies and accounting system. For any gaps that we identify, we work with your team to implement systems and procedures that ensure full compliance. Our service is unique in that our Grant Compliance and Accounting teams collaborate closely to help you meet all agency requirements as well as ensure that your accounting system is appropriate for your business operations.
Our Setup Package for new awardees includes:
- Conduct gap analysis of existing protocols
- Establish process for invoicing, receiving, and tracking grant funds
- Develop Policies and Procedures to include:
- Asset Management
- Billing System
- Cost Tracking and Allowability
- Delegation of Signing Authority
- Invention Disclosure
- Record Keeping
- Implement Timekeeping System
- Establish Project-Based Accounting System
- Review all contractual agreements for compliance
Grant funded companies may be audited at any time, and there are certain trigger points when audits are required (for example, receiving $750K or more in Federal Government funding during your company’s fiscal year.) Our team specializes in supporting clients who are undergoing Yellow Book, Cluster of Programs, CAAR, and DCAA audits. Our services include preparation of financial packages to provide to auditors and full support in addressing questions that arise during the audit.
Indirect Rate Negotiation
Maximizing your indirect rate will ensure that your awarded funds go as far as possible to support your technology development and commercialization efforts. Our Compliance team assists clients throughout the process of:
- Determining eligibility for a rate negotiation;
- Preparing the rate negotiation package; and
- Communicating with auditors from Granting Agencies.
Our clients are typically awarded indirect rates that are far higher than the standard amounts granted by the agencies, which can provide them with hundreds of thousands of dollars in additional funding.
Ongoing Compliance Services
Our ongoing compliance services are designed to support your company throughout the Period of Performance of your grant award. These services can be combined with our ongoing accounting services in our monthly Compliance and Accounting Package. Ongoing compliance services include:
- Reviewing all transactions and contracts for compliance with the terms of the grant award(s).
- Completing all reporting requirements (FFRs, research misconduct reports, grant closeout documents)
- Advising on budget allowability, allocability and reallocation of funds
- Implementing strategies to reduce the likelihood of an audit