Angela Pollard, Ph.D.
Dr. Angie Pollard is formally trained in microbiology, molecular biology, bacterial pathogenesis, and host-pathogen interactions. As a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, she was chosen to participate in the Burroughs Wellcome Fund/Sigma Xi Grantsmanship Workshop and was awarded a Ruth L. Kirschstein Institutional National Research Service Award. She then served as Director of Research at Agile Sciences, a biotechnology company developing novel approaches to address antibiotic resistance. At Agile Sciences, she secured private foundation and federal funds totaling approximately $8 million to support multiple research programs that she led as Principal Investigator. Dr. Pollard has served on review panels for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). In her current position, Dr. Pollard loves learning about all the innovative technologies being developed and meeting the amazing teams that are responsible for the development of these technologies. When she is not searching for new funding opportunities, she “relaxes” by spending time with her two rambunctious boys.
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Scientific Consultant, Eva Garland Consulting
- Director of Research, Agile Sciences
- Group Leader/Microbiology, Agile Sciences
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, University of Wisconsin at Madison
- B.S. in Biological Sciences from Illinois State University
- Ph.D. in Biological Sciences from Illinois State University