Kiran Sonnad, Ph.D.
Dr. Kiran Sonnad has a master’s and PhD degree in physics. His master’s dissertation was about studying the growth of ice crystals in atmospheric clouds. In his PhD, he specialized in the areas of nonlinear dynamics, plasma physics and charged particle beams. Following his doctoral degree, he has worked for over 12 years at university and/or government research labs that house particle accelerator facilities. Dr. Sonnad has expertise in mathematical analysis, high performance computation, instrumentation, and data analysis. He has supervised students who worked on their research projects at the undergraduate as well as graduate level. He has served as reviewer for renowned peer-reviewed journals in physics. Dr. Sonnad has also been a research consultant for companies working on projects funded by SBIR grants from the US Department of Energy and Department of Defense. Throughout his career, Dr. Sonnad has worked on proposals for obtaining funding for research. Dr. Sonnad brings to EGC a rich combination of experience in scientific research, project management and grant writing. Dr. Sonnad is also passionate about encouraging STEM education at the K-12 level among under-served communities. He has served as an AmeriCorps teaching fellow in California, where he taught mathematics, physics, computer coding and environmental science to middle school students. In his spare time, Dr. Sonnad enjoys spending time with family and friends and riding his bicycle to explore new locations.
- Scientific Consultant, Eva Garland
- Visiting Research Fellow, KEK Tsukuba Japan
- Research Associate, Cornell University
- Postdoctoral Scientist and Lecturer, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), Germany
- Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Postdoctoral Physicist, SLAC National Laboratory, Stanford University
- Ph.D. in Physics, University of Colorado, Boulder
- M.S. in Physics, Missouri University of Science and Technology
- B.Sc., National College Basavanagudi, Bangalore India