Sameera Panchangam, Ph.D.
Dr. Sameera Panchangam is a molecular biologist with diverse expertise in plant biotechnology, controlled environment agriculture, bioinformatics, and scientific writing. She won the International Fund for Agriculture Research (IFAR by CGIAR) as a doctoral student at the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Topics (ICRISAT) and supported NSF grants as a postdoctoral fellow. Dr. Panchangam has extensive experience in collaborative research projects and mentoring, and has served as a scientific editor and as a peer-reviewer for various journals. She is passionate about the applications of science and technology, especially those that translate into a product or technology that the public can benefit from. Outside of work, Dr. Panchangam enjoys propagating plants from cuttings or kitchen scraps, repurposing plastic and cloth to make mats, and spending time with her sons and husband.
- Diagnostic assays
- Scientific Consultant, Eva Garland Consulting
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Chemistry, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX.
- Editor, Cactus Communications, Mumbai, India.
- M.Tech in Biotechnology from Sathyabama University, India.
- Ph.D. in Plant Biotechnology from Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH)/ICRISAT, India