EGC employees are passionate about Advancing Science through embodying our Core Principles of Excellence, Service, Collaboration, and Value. We support each other and work with our clients to create shared success that benefits all of society. Headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, EGC offers a world-class working environment with outstanding benefits and a culture of collaboration that is critical to attracting and retaining exceptional talent. Current open positions are listed below.
Scientific Consultant, Grant Writing Specialist
The Scientific Consultant, Grant Writing Specialist will provide strategic scientific consulting and grant writing support to assist EGC’s clients in their technology development. The successful candidate should have deep scientific expertise and be skilled in writing and submitting a broad range of research grants to support early-stage technology development.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide strategic guidance to assist scientists and entrepreneurs in understanding the non-dilutive funding landscape
- Write competitive grant applications to be submitted to multiple federal agencies (DoD, NIH, NSF, etc)
- Serve as a Project Manager and coordinate all aspects of the proposal preparation process, including research plan development, budget preparation, and submission
- Coordinate with collaborators at universities, CROs, and other institutes
- Collaborate with other Scientific Consultants and EGC team members to achieve our mission of Advancing Science
- Ph.D. in a scientific field
- Postdoctoral or other professional experience preferred
- Outstanding writing skills
- Outstanding project management skills
- Ability to learn new scientific fields quickly
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, growing entrepreneurial environment
- Passion for advancing innovative technologies from conception to commercialization
- Experience writing strong scientific grant applications
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, and 1-page writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Sales and Marketing
The purpose of this position is to lead the Sales, Customer Service and Marketing personnel to achieve EGC’s annual growth and business improvement objectives. The Director is responsible to collaborate with senior management to develop, implement and achieve strategic and operating plans for the business. The Director is also responsible for analyzing industry trends, identifying unmet customer needs and assessing new product and service opportunities for the business. The Director will lead the development, implementation and execution of individual team member plans that achieve annual customer acquisition, retention, and expansion objectives for the business. The Director will unify the Sales, Customer Service and Marketing personnel into an effective and cohesive customer facing team that not only exceeds annual growth performance goals but does so with extremely high customer satisfaction scores.
This position reports to the President, CEO and Founder. In executing position responsibilities, the Director will work closely with the following internal positions/departments:
- Direct Reports/Indirect reports (Sales, Marketing, Client Relations) – The Director will initially supervise the Client Relations Manager (1) and Sales Manager (1) positions, along with a team of 4 Sales Associates who report to the Sales Manager. The Director will develop and implement annual staffing plans that achieve growth, retention, expansion, and customer satisfaction objectives for the business.
- Collaboration- The Director will join EGC’s Senior Leadership team and will collaborate frequently with the Professional Team of Scientific Consultants and Accounting & Compliance Specialists, as well as the HR, Finance, and Legal Teams.
Specific Job Duties:
- Establish, implement, and achieve annual revenue and profit plans for each Sales Associate. Coordinate all planning activities within the overall EGC strategic plan to achieve growth plans by product and by market. Establish and implement pricing strategies that effectively meet margin goals as well as growth objectives.
- Lead the development, training, and execution of a consistent sales process to achieve business plans with high levels of customer satisfaction. Direct the marketing team to assure that promotional material and marketing messaging drives customer awareness and adoption.
- Direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and manage the sales and marketing efforts to achieve the planned objectives.
- Deliver sales presentations to key prospects/KOLs to assist in building relationships and closing sales.
- Create the expense budgets for the sales, marketing and customer facing efforts; and manage expenditures achieve planned growth within the budgetary requirements.
- Direct marketing personnel to assure that competitive intelligence is up to date and used by the sales teams and other relevant company employees. Create all product positioning and value proposition initiatives and programs.
- Develop, implement, and direct all SEO/Social/Digital/Direct awareness programs to adequately populate the sales funnel for revenue plan achievement.
- Develop sales pipeline management processes that will ensure attainment of the sales objectives.
- Leverage CRM tool to prepare periodic sales reports demonstrating that the pipeline of opportunities is sufficient to achieve planned growth, and that dollar value of closed business is leading to expected performance. Report on weekly metrics.
- Provide Event Management, including strategy, planning logistics, invitations, registration, conference materials and on-site assistance to create a positive experience. Develop and oversee client satisfaction metrics.
- Develop and oversee the entire client experience to ensure outstanding client satisfaction.
- Coordinate and supervise media/press initiatives, events, on/offline internal and external campaigns. Draft written content spanning client success stories, video scripts/story boards, services descriptions.
- Provide Event Management, including strategy, planning logistics, invitations, registration, conference materials and on-site assistance to create a positive experience.
- MBA or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of sales, marketing, and communications experience in increasingly progressive roles, including 5+ years of managerial experience
- Exceptional track record in sales and marketing at a professional services organization
- Experience developing marketing materials to target audiences ranging from government agencies, universities, small and large companies
- Able to implement strategic direction to advance brand position in the market
- Record of building high performance teams
- Outstanding customer relationship skills
- Excellent written and oral communication, and problem-solving skills
- Able to drive growth
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong team player with the ability to work within a diverse professional team
- Brings an energetic, positive attitude that is motivating and encouraging to others
- Creative mindset with passion and drive to foster innovation in marketing and sales
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com