Alicia Rasines Mazo, Ph.D.
Dr. Alicia Rasines Mazo’s scientific expertise ranges from materials to biological sciences. She holds a PhD in polymer chemistry, where she honed her skills in controlled polymerizations, polypeptide synthesis and the biological evaluation of antimicrobial agents. Dr. Rasines Mazo previously worked on an industry-funded project in collaboration with Eastman Chemicals, where she expanded her skillset in developing commercial polymer classes. As a scientific consultant, Dr. Rasines Mazo thrives working with diverse clients and enjoys advancing the innovative ideas and technology of researchers and entrepreneurs. In her spare time Dr. Rasines Mazo enjoys hunting down exciting restaurants, building and repairing furniture, creating pottery and jewelry pieces, and last but not least, exploring the great North Carolina outdoors.
- Material Science
- Energy and Environment
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Scientific Consultant, Eva Garland Consulting
- Postdoctoral Fellow, North Carolina State University
- Research Assistant and Tutor, University of Melbourne
- B.S. Chemistry Honours from American University
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science from the University of Melbourne, Australia