Dana Upton, Ph.D.
Dr. Dana Upton excels at aligning both scientific and business objectives to help clients successfully advance their technologies. Her scientific training focused on DNA damage, repair, and replication in the context of cancer biology, immunology, and virology. Dr. Upton has served as a biotechnology strategy and writing consultant for early stage companies, and was one of the leaders of the Wake Forest Biotechnology Case Competition and Conference. Dr. Upton is also an ASQ-certified Six Sigma Black Belt. At EGC, Dr. Upton enjoys helping companies with their commercialization strategies to transition innovative solutions from the bench to the marketplace. In her free time, Dr. Upton enjoys baking, reading, and music.
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Scientific Consultant, Eva Garland Consulting
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Postdoctoral Associate, Department of Immunology, Duke University
- B.S. in Biology and A.B. in Chemistry from Duke University
- Ph.D. in Molecular Genetics and Genomics with Certificate in Toxicology from Wake Forest University
- MBA in Healthcare and Marketing from Wake Forest University.