Lu Lu, Ph.D.
Dr. Lu Lu has experience ranging from academic science to leading scientific efforts at a start-up company. As a chemist with broad expertise in polymer science and analytical chemistry, Dr. Lu has leveraged grant funding to achieve new advancements in her field. Based on the research Dr. Lu conducted during her postdoc, she and two other researchers co-founded a start-up to develop a smart polymeric sealant for pavement joints or cracks. The project was funded by the National Science Foundation (NSF) SBIR Phase I and Phase II grants, and Dr. Lu served as the Principal Investigator for the funded project. Dr. Lu gained extensive experience while working at the start-up including grant writing, project management, business management, and research & development experience of the smart sealant. At EGC, Dr. Lu enjoys feeling the enthusiasm of entrepreneurs and being able to assist them in securing the resources needed to develop their technologies. During her free time, Dr. Lu enjoys traveling with families and friends.
- Scientific Consultant, Eva Garland Consulting
- Co-Founder and Chief Chemist, Louisiana Multi-Functional-Materials Group LLC
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Louisiana State University
- B.S. in Polymer Science & Engineering from University of Science and Technology of China
- Ph.D. in Chemistry from Louisiana State University