Dr. Tesia Stephenson has over 15 years of experience in chemistry research and education. Her expertise includes organic synthetic chemistry, natural products, and cancer biology. Prior to joining EGC, Dr. Stephenson was Assistant Professor of Chemistry at Francis Marion University, where she taught undergraduate chemistry courses and trained students in laboratory techniques. Dr. Stephenson has also served as a peer reviewer for Synlett, an international journal reporting research results and current trends in chemical synthesis. Over the years, Dr. Stephenson’s work has been supported by various research awards provided by U.S. federal agencies, including the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD). She has extensive experience in the preparation of grant applications to multiple agencies, including the NSF and NIH. As a Scientific Consultant at EGC, Dr. Stephenson is passionate about assisting scientists and entrepreneurs in securing the necessary resources to advance their science and technology. Dr. Stephenson enjoys reading, playing with her dog, and fellowshipping with family and friends, during her leisure.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Scientific Consultant, Eva Garland Consulting
- Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Francis Marion University
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Molecular Medicine, Scripps Research Institute
- B.S. (magna cum laude), Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Ph.D., Chemistry, Duke University